WTOP radio billed a record $64 million in ad revenue last year, reports dcrtv.com, making it the top-billing radio station in the nation for the second straight year.
The dcrtv report noted that, according to TRI radio biz newsletter, the total ad revenue billing number for all stations in the DC radio market was $255 million last year. That means, said dcrtv, that “one single station, WTOP, is responsible for 25% of all radio ad revenue billing in the market. Leaving the other 20-ish major commercial DC area radio stations to account for the remaining 75%. In 2010, it took the combined ad revenue billing of Clear Channel's five major DC FMers - DC101, Hot 99.5, WASH, WMZQ, and WBIG - to even come close to the 25% mark.”