4/8/2011 9:40 AM
Seven local agencies that won Gold and Silver ADDY Awards at the DC Ad Club’s 2011 ADDY® Awards went on to garner additional awards at the next level of competition. The DC Ad Club is represented with six Gold ADDY® Award and 11 Silver ADDY® Awards.
The ADDY® Awards Competition is a three-tiered national competition conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation. It is the advertising industry's largest and most representative competition for creative excellence. Winners from the local competition were forwarded to the District Two ADDY® Awards, which includes entrants from Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and DC.
Design Army received the most awards, with seven ADDYs. Arnold Worldwide received five ADDYs.
The complete list of local winners is:
• Silver ADDY: “CC-Brand Print (EKG)” for Cleveland Clinic (Newspaper, Fractional Page, Color)
• Gold ADDY: “I-95” for Amtrak (Out of Home, Outdoor Board)
• Silver ADDY: “Storm/House/Tunnel/Clouds/Water” for Amtrak (Collateral Material, Special Event Card)
• Silver ADDY: “Amtrak to Parks website” for Amtrak (Interactive Media, Website, Consumer Flash, Services)
• Silver ADDY: “GPS” for Amtrak (Radio, National)
• Silver ADDY: Storm/House/Tunnel/Clouds/Water” for Amtrak (Elements of Advertising, Photography, Color)
• Gold ADDY: “Start With What You Know” for American University Kogod School of Business (Collateral Material, Brochure, Campaign)
• Gold ADDY: “I Do (and Dont's)” for Washingtonian Bride & Groom (Collateral Material, Series)
• Gold ADDY: “This is NPR” for Chronicle Books (Collateral Material, Book Design)
• Gold ADDY: “Material Girl” for Washingtonian Bride & Groom (Elements of Advertising, Photography, Black and White)
• Silver ADDY: “Stand Out in a Vanilla Market” for Neenah Paper (Sales Promotion, Sales Kit)
• Silver ADDY: “Chapel Belles” for Washingtonian Bride & Groom (Collateral Material, Series)
• Silver ADDY: “Well Built” for Well Built (Interactive Media, Website, Consumer HTML, Products)
Gut Instinct Creative LLC:
• Gold ADDY: “Defiant Requiem Poster” for Defiant Requiem Foundation (Advertising For The Arts & Sciences, Poster)
• Silver ADDY: “Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Website” for Brooks Brothers (Interactive Media, Websites, Website, Consumer Flash, Products)
Mertz Alliance [Mighty Creative]:
• Silver ADDY: “Beauty and the Beast Trademark” for Metropolitan Fine Arts Center (Elements Of Advertising, Logo)
• Silver ADDY: “Art Night - MRB Promo” for MRB (Elements Of Advertising, Special Effects, Video or Film)
These entries will be forwarded to the national competition. Those winners will be announced at the American Advertising Federation’s annual conference, to be held in June in San Diego.