7/10/2012 5:02 PM
Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR) announced six finalists for its third annual Emerging Leaders Awards (ELA). The award honors rising stars, ages 23-30, in PR and communications. The 2012 ELA finalists are:
• Liz Bryan, account director, Spectrum;
• Olivia Doherty, director of communications, The Hatcher Group;
• Laura Hornbuckle, account supervisor, Edelman Public Relations;
• Jennifer Myers, research director, StrategyOne;
• Samantha Reho, public affairs strategist, Office of the Chief of Public Affairs, Department of the Army; and,
• Jess Stone, digital media specialist and senior associate, Gibraltar Associates.
Three awardees from the six finalists will be honored with an Emerging Leaders Award based on not only their contributions thus far, but for their potential to contribute to the profession in years to come, truly making them emerging leaders. The three 2012 ELA awardees will be announced at a reception on July 17, 6:30 p.m., at the National Press Club. NBC 4’s anchor Angie Goff will be the keynote speaker.
A distinguished panel of judges selected the finalists based on their record of excellence and accomplishments in their careers, as well as their leadership qualities and ethical standards. The 2012 panel of judges included:
• Patrick Brady, senior vice president, Stanton Communications;
• Alana Hill, media relations professional, IBM; and president of the DC chapter of Black Public Relations Society;
• Carrie Jones, principal, managing director, JPA;
• Melanie Jordan, managing director, PRofessional Solutions;
• Kendra Kojcsich, vice president, Porter Novelli; and past president of WWPR;
• Rachel Querry, senior director of communications, Humane Society of the United States; and,
• Maria Rodriguez, president, Vanguard Communications.