Millennial Media’s U.S. unique audience reach increased to 73.5M unique users; Millennial Media continues to reach more than 8 out of 10 Mobile web users. Advertisers are continuing to engage in a deeper mobile experience with consumers; over 12% incorporated rich media elements in their campaigns in Q3 2010.
Vertical Snapshot – Q3 in Review
- Entertainment claimed the number-one spot in the Q3 Top-10 Advertising Verticals and has grown 315% year-over-year. This growth can be largely attributed to brands in this space embracing mobile to promote and sell products beyond the initial theatrical movie release to include both DVD and VOD releases.
- The Finance vertical year-over-year has seen explosive growth of over 800%. Banking and financial institutions have experienced great success in developing persistent mobile websites and applications to promote their electronic products and services.
- Application Download as a Campaign Destination represented 21% of the Campaign Destination Mix in Q3. Retail brands are designing rich media elements and applications to promote products and services in preparation for the holiday shopping season.
- Traffic to Site remained the primary campaign destination in Q3 – with a three month average of 46%. Custom Landing Page grew 8% in September to represent 33% of campaigns on our network in September. These two Campaign Destinations accounted for 79% of the destinations on our network in Q3, representing advertisers’ investment in directing consumers to a mobile web destination.
- The trend of advertisers using Targeted-Audience campaign methods (GEO, Demographic, Behavioral Audience and Audience Takeover) was evident in Q3 with 44% of campaigns on our network leveraging these methods.
For the full report. Go to http://www.millennialmedia.com/research